To celebrate the premiere of Bridget Jones’s Baby, Nestle teamed up with Universal and brought a big Bridget-like competition to its promotional packs of Aero ®: giving chocolate lovers the chance to win Bridget’s Tablet every day.
Selected as a key media channel to sell and promote the competition, Broderick’s MediaVend machines delivered more than just impressive sales figures….its campaign provoked consumer loyalty, engagement and action.
- Sales of Nestle Aero smashed into the top 5 sellers list on Broderick’s Media Vend machines.
- This success throughout the promotional period shows a stratospheric increase for the products as they’d never before broken into the top 10.
- Over the 9 week promotional period Broderick’s stocked and sold over 35,000 Aeros!
MediaVend: A platform that’s always on.. Hitting the audience at snack o’clock
Huge number of opportunities to see:
- 47k plays a day of the Bridget Jones trailer played across 163 Media Vend screens
- 3m plays over 9 weeks…
- 2m audience per week,at key locations
- 36m eyeballs on the ads
MediaVend located in high footfall zones at:
- 5 International airports: Manchester, London Stansted, Birmingham International, Bournemouth and East Midlands.
- 5 Universities: The University of Manchester, Manchester Met, Liverpool John Moore’s University, Edge Hill and Crewe
- Major BNI sites, including call centres and workplaces such as Capita, BT, Vodafone, MBNA Bank, Ticketmaster, Auto Trader and Co op at CIS.
Broderick’s activated a consolidated social media campaign to support the promotion, which resulted in:
128.5k organic impressions across Broderick’s 3 Twitter accounts (September – October)
3.3k Facebook organic reach in September
2.6k likes of our posts
X2 open rate versus industry average for newsletter containing Bridget Jones // Aero promotion.
36% click through and engagement rate on Bridget emailer
Best Performing Tweets
Based on the ‘Universal’ success of the Aero, Bridget Jones’ Baby promotion, at Broderick’s we’ve been busy getting creative and planning what we’ll do to make the next promotion an even more spectacular success.
Here’s a sneak peek into our thoughts….
- App time: Our freshly brewed app is already making it easier for consumers to engage with promotions with their favourite brands.
- Van wraps: Think big, bold and create full wraps of the latest promotion –a mobile advert that will spread the word.
Much more, but that’s still under wraps!